Ms. Shameka Sparrow, LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Are you right now questioning your current life circumstances? Are you asking yourself, "How did I get here? Where do I go from here?"
If so, you are in the right place for help!
Life has many phases through which we must journey. Often life's cycles will bring about challenges that will question our very ability to thrive. You must always remember that no problem or challenge will last forever. I am here to help you and your loved ones through these challenges.
I am very committed to helping child and adult survivors of sexual/emotional abuse heal from their traumatic experiences. I also have significant experience working with children with behavioral/ emotional challenges, women's issues, new parenthood, single parent and blended families. In addition, I enjoy helping people with anxiety disorders, depression, domestic abuse, family conflict, divorce, and self-esteem issues.
My guiding clinical framework and orientation includes Narrative, Solution-focused, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, behavioral therapy, Family Systems theories and Mindfulness techniques that will help you learn to live presently despite life's challenges. I love to engage in clinical techniques and utilize tools that connect mind and body to improve self-awareness.
Are you ready to begin your journey? If so, contact me to begin our journey together!
Education and Training:
- Temple University, Masters in Social Work, blended specialization in Clinical Social Work & Families and Children, 2011
- Temple University, Bachelors in African American Studies, 2009
- Additional trainings include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, Aggression Replacement Therapy (ART), Solution Focused Therapy & Behavioral Therapy
- Independently own and operates a school-based mentoring program "Oya's Rites of Passage". It's geared towards helping at-risk African American and Latina girls to explore the concepts of womanhood within a safe and nurturing space.
- LCSW PA State Board of Social Workers
- DE Board of Clinical Social Workers