Ms Sarah J. Halpern, LMFT, Marriage & Family Therapist
If you are reading this, you have already begun your journey towards transformation. Change happens from the inside out. It starts with a desire or longing for something in your life to be different. If you are single or in a relationship and looking for enhanced connection with another or greater understanding of yourself, than I would be honored to work with you, beside you and support you in the process of growth, healing and discovery.
I have had the privilege of working with individuals and couples struggling with anxiety, depression, grief, and trauma. In every encounter I have found a natural resilience and capacity for strength that was sometimes hidden by the trials and tribulations of everyday living. During the course of therapy, we can work together to lessen some of the blocks to experiencing your own strength. Then you can become the best version of yourself.
In couples work, creating a safe space to explore sexuality and emotional intimacy is a basic requirement of treatment. In my office, couples will be given the opportunity to explore how they got where they are now, how each member of the couple contributed to their current patterns of relating. They will be offered a guide to getting back to their greatest moments of connection and belonging. It is an exciting road to walk and brings with it the possibility of greater intimacy, pleasure and security. You may want to read more about couple therapy here.
If you have sexual concerns, please know that I am certified as a sex therapist by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists or AASECT. You may want to read more about sex therapy here.
- La Salle University, Masters in Clinical Counseling, with specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy, 2013
- Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, JD, 1989
- Stern College, BA English Literature, 1986
- Council for Relationships, Certificate in Sex Therapy, 2014
- Certification in Divorce and Custody Mediation in Pennsylvania
- Greenridge Counseling Center, 2013
- Private Practice Psychotherapy Practice, 2013
- Intern, Catholic Clinical Consultants, 2012