Our Rates and Insurance
Our services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? (especially if you are using out of network benefits).
- What is my co-pay or coinsurance?
You can find answers to these questions by calling the number on the back of your insurance card under 'behavioral health' or 'mental health/substance abuse'.
Most providers at Psych Choices take the following insurance plans:
- BlueCross and/or BlueShield
- Highmark BC/BS
- Keystone Health Plan East
- Most Union Funded Insurances
- Personal Choice
Some of our providers also take additional insurance plans. Also, if your provider cannot accept your insurance, you may be able to use any "Out of Network" benefits you may have.
Please note that we are not able to accept Keystone Mercy, Aetna Better Health, or other Medicaid-funded insurances.
Rates for those wanting sessions without insurance coverage:
- Psychiatrist (M.D.) $250 evaluation, $200 for 45-minute therapy session, $125. for 30-minute medication management and $80 for 15-minute medication management.
- Nurse Practitioner $140 evaluation, $75 30-minute medication management and $65 for 15-minute medication management.
- Psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) $160 evaluation, $125 for 45-minute therapy session (individual, couple and/or family).
- Masters level therapist (LMFT or LCSW) $140 evaluation, $110 for 45-minute therapy session (individual, couple and/or family).
We also offer a sliding scale based on income. Rates vary according to the provider's degree. We offer 4 different levels on our sliding scale; so once you provide proof of income, your fees may be considerably lower. Please call us at 610-626-8085 for more information..
Cash, check and major credit cards (Master Card, Visa, Discover) are accepted for payment of your fee or insurance co-pay. Payment is due at the time of service. You can also pay by credit card in advance of your appointment, using the "Make a Credit Card Payment" page. Lack of payment may be cause for rescheduling a session. Unpaid balances over 90 days old may, in some cases, be sent to a collection agency.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least one business day in advance, late fees will apply. We must do this to discourage late cancellations, because when an appointment time is set aside for you, this time is unavailable for other clients who may want treatment at that time. We are aware that emergencies may occur, and will try to work with you if the need arises.
How to Set up an Initial Appointment
Request a therapy appointment by calling the office at 610-626-8085. Push the prompt for 'New Patient'. Or, you can send an e-mail through the "Request An Appointment" page on this website.
Please contact the office at 610-626-8085 for further information.