Vanessa Walker, MSW, LSCW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Do you have a teenager in your home who is experiencing behavioral barriers to their education? Are you a young adult who has personal goals and career ambitions but something seems to be holding you back? Are you a child of a substance abuser, seeking a place to talk? Has the communication between you and your partner become uneasy and you are finding what was once so easy, now difficult?
It is my belief that we cannot achieve our full potential based on self-reliance, it takes a cast of characters to bringing in fresh ideas and resources to achieve a goal. I am incredibly humbled every time I get to work with people on their life goals and aspirations by helping them identify the barriers and work towards solutions.
I currently work full time at a local middle school as a clinical social worker. There I help students and families with diverse backgrounds and situations. I also offer my services as a part time therapist at Psych Choices. My hours here at Psych Choices include late afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Previously, I worked for the Delaware County Office of Behavioral Health. In that position, I was a Drug and Alcohol Prevention Specialist, providing education and counseling for children and teens. I have also helped to manage the county's Crisis Line, and served as a caseworker with families at risk. In that position. I provided crisis counseling and in-home counseling to help families stabilize..
- Master of Law and Social Policy, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA, August 2011
--- Completed thesis on The Constitutionality of Juvenile Court
- Masters of Social Work (MSW), Widener University, Chester, PA , August 2008
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, May 2005
- Drug & Alcohol Intervention Training, March 2009
- Villanova University Certificate in Drug and Alcohol Counseling, January 2009
- Basic School Based Crisis Response Training Certificate, April 2007
- National Association of Black Social Workers/Chester Chapter 2006-Present
- Bryn Mawr College Black Student Alumni Association 2011-Present