Mr. Stephen J. Milburn, LPC, CAADC, Licensed Professional Counselor
We all need help sometimes in navigating life. Many of the issues or problems we face are resolvable, however there are those moments when we hit roadblocks.
I have been working in the field of mental health services for over twenty years and I know that counseling can be a challenging process to undergo. I can help you work around or through the roadblocks of depression, anxiety and other challenges such as addiction that often hinder us.
I work well with people who struggle with issues related to addiction, depression, anxiety and relationship issues. I have doctoral level training in working with sexuality-related concerns, and I am a Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC), as well as a Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional Diplomate. I also work with teens (ages 12 and up) who may have behavioral or academic problems.
I use a client-centered approach, where your thoughts and feelings lead the direction of therapy. I often use techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) to help you change any unhealthy thinking or behavior patterns.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2012-Present: Doctoral student in Human Sexuality at Widener University
- 1985: M.Ed., Temple University
- 1982: B.A., LaSalle University
- Greater Philadelphia Health Action, Philadelphia, PA
- Private practice, Abington, PA
- Jenkintown Psychological, Jenkintown, PA
- Project Transition, Philadelphia, PA
- Keystone Center, Chester, PA
- Malvern Institute, Malvern, PA
- Devereux Foundation, Malvern, PA
- Teaches at Alvernia University, Melrose Park, PA, 2004 to present
(Professional Affiliations, Certifications And Licenses)
- American Counseling Association
- Certified Addiction Counselor Diplomate
- Certified Co-occurring Diplomate
- Licensed Professional Counselor